Rules of the Bus
Rules of Conduct
- Expectorating (spitting) upon system facilities or vehicles is illegal.
- In consideration of others, please do not talk on your cell phone while on the bus.
- Misuse of transfers, passes, or tickets with the intent to evade fare payment is illegal.
- No animals allowed, except in carriers that can be placed outside of aisle, or service animals, (guide dogs, etc.)
- No boisterous or unruly behavior allowed.
- No eating or drinking on the bus. All food and drinks must be in completely sealed containers. Beverages must have screw-on lids. No drinks with straws allowed.
- No littering in or on buses, or at bus stops.
- No sound equipment may be played on the bus, unless sound cannot be heard by other passengers.
- No talking to the driver while bus is moving.
- No weapons of any kind, or flammable liquids.
- Personal items must be carried into the bus in one trip. They shall be kept out of the aisle and out of the way of other passengers. Strollers, and recreational scooters must be folded. No garbage, trash, or rubbish of any nature is allowed, including recyclable items. The driver may require removal of any item he/she determines to be hazardous.
- Profanity (swearing or cursing) is not allowed.
- Shirts and shoes must be worn on the bus. Roller blades may not be worn.
- No smoking is allowed on the bus.
Violation of rules may result in driver not permitting passenger to board the bus, a $250 fine, and / or suspension of service according to the Passenger Conduct Policy (PDF).